View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 03:49 PM
dr_bw
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member

Oh man you are going to love it. SF is my favorite big city. So much to do and you really cannot go wrong. Easy to get around on BART and trolley cars. If you want to go iconic, consider the Westin St. Francis. Definitely ride the street cars, go down to the wharf. Walk along the water starting at Ghirardelli Square, past Fisherman's Wharf at North Beach, down the Embarcadero, ending at Rincon Park. Stop anywhere and have a bread bowl full of chowder. In the evening, head to Crissy Field and watch the windsurfing and kiteboarding. Do a bike or segway tour over the Golden Gate bridge, or just do it yourself. Once over the bridge head down to Sausalito, it's a neat little town. Definitely go check out Muir woods while you are on that side.

This goes without saying, but be a tourist and go to Alcatraz. It's an amazing experience. If you like history it's worth the trip. Also go walk through Chinatown and, if you are daring, go eat at any suspect looking restaurant and you probably won't be disappointed. To this day the best hot and sour soup I've ever eaten was served in a place that I had to descend a dank, dark staircase to find.

Have fun!