View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 08:18 PM
  #40  
jrybicki
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Moncks Corner SC
Posts: 89
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Didn't get as much done today as I wanted but I had to do some errands and pick up some hardware for the boat.

I started by applying the new decals
Name:  20170520_102218.jpg
Views: 1867
Size:  213.6 KB
Name:  20170520_103529.jpg
Views: 1016
Size:  179.9 KB
Then I laid out the design for my homemade stern saver
Name:  20170520_110045.jpg
Views: 965
Size:  116.6 KB
Name:  20170520_115614.jpg
Views: 1035
Size:  170.5 KB
Pulled out the old transducer, marked off the area for the saver and sanded away the bottom paint. I also epoxied the old mounting holes to fill that in and protect the stern
Name:  20170520_122628.jpg
Views: 974
Size:  193.1 KB
Name:  20170520_124041.jpg
Views: 1000
Size:  188.4 KB
Name:  20170520_131709.jpg
Views: 1011
Size:  210.4 KB
And the finished stern saver with dovetailed holes and rounded edges
Name:  20170520_192640.jpg
Views: 1019
Size:  230.8 KB
Waiting for the epoxy to fully cure in the old screw holes before I put this guy on with some G-Flex 655.

It's supposed to rain for the next 4 days, hopefully not too bad or it's going to slow me down. Tonight I'm going to get all the electronics that are going in the console traced out on cardboard and cut out so I can moc everything in before I start bondoing box board in place. Still trying to find some Bondo resin jelly locally for that portion of the project.