The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

Go Back   >
Search


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-21-2015, 03:46 AM   #1
Admirals Club
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cooper City, FL
Posts: 1,047
Default 4 nights in Spanish and 2 nights in Staniel

Looking to head out sometime between June 5th and June 10th. Run to Spanish Wells on the best day available. After a that run down to Staniel for the family to play with the pigs. Should be an interesting trip, leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale. Anyone interested in tagging along let me know..
Sykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:11 AM   #2
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,013
Default

Ahhh, thought you meant Spanish Cay. I'll be heading to Spanish Cay on the 5th and staying in GTC.

Have fun down in Spanish Wells!
Extractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 03:49 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,387
Default

Call me...i'm down
Snookyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 04:35 AM   #4
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: PBG, FL
Posts: 8,931
Default

ill be there in may and july.
bradv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 04:22 PM   #5
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Florida Keys
Posts: 1,758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
Looking to head out sometime between June 5th and June 10th. Run to Spanish Wells on the best day available. After a that run down to Staniel for the family to play with the pigs. Should be an interesting trip, leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale. Anyone interested in tagging along let me know..
What kind of boat you running over? We are going to do Eleuthera this summer but haven't set a date yet... Why Spanish Wells?
reel contender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 05:13 AM   #6
Admirals Club
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cooper City, FL
Posts: 1,047
Default

Changing the date to the 11th or 12th of June. I have a 28 Seavee, cruising at 30 to 35 depending on the weather...
Sykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 02:18 PM   #7
vc
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Welaka,FL
Posts: 1,804
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reel contender View Post
What kind of boat you running over? We are going to do Eleuthera this summer but haven't set a date yet... Why Spanish Wells?
Reel,
Spanish Wells is an awesome Island with amazing beaches on north side, genuinely friend locals, no crime. Good fishing nearby, Egg Island nearby has an awesome cove on its south side to anchor and hang out at. Much better value than Harbour Island on rental houses. Only bad part is none have docks so either find a friend there that will let you use theirs or contact the marinas there to rent dockage.
Sort of a "dry" Island, but heard a new restaurant now serves alcohol on the east side of Island. There is a "secret" place on the Island to buy booze and take it to your house, or get some at the ferry dock on the big Island (Eleuthera).

Hope to be back there in a year or two.
vc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 07:38 AM   #8
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Florida Keys
Posts: 1,758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc View Post
Reel,
Spanish Wells is an awesome Island with amazing beaches on north side, genuinely friend locals, no crime. Good fishing nearby, Egg Island nearby has an awesome cove on its south side to anchor and hang out at. Much better value than Harbour Island on rental houses. Only bad part is none have docks so either find a friend there that will let you use theirs or contact the marinas there to rent dockage.
Sort of a "dry" Island, but heard a new restaurant now serves alcohol on the east side of Island. There is a "secret" place on the Island to buy booze and take it to your house, or get some at the ferry dock on the big Island (Eleuthera).

Hope to be back there in a year or two.
Thanks for the info VC, I have always bypassed it and gone to Harbour... Might have to stop and check it out (will remember to bring extra provisions 🍻🍹🍷&#127866.
reel contender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 07:19 PM   #9
Admirals Club
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cooper City, FL
Posts: 1,047
Default

I have always had a liq store on board, is that not normal? The island is great and docking is not an issue..
Sykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 06:49 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Stuart, FL
Posts: 3,157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradv View Post
ill be there in may and july.
I'll be there July 13-17 SCYC
Lazy Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:28 PM   #11
Admirals Club
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cooper City, FL
Posts: 1,047
Default

Heading back home in the morning, it's been an awesome trip!!!
Sykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:05 PM.


©2009 TheHullTruth.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.9.3.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.