The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

Go Back   The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > The Sports Forum
Search

Notices

Random Quote: Another Day, Another Dollar? Yeah.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-16-2012, 10:05 PM
  #1    
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 9,786
Default Lack of African Americans in MLB hints at racism.

I read this story today in USA Today that the percentage of blacks in MLB is at it's lowest point since blacks were allowed in the league. Statements in the article are hinting at racism as the cause and there are steps being taken to increase the amount of blacks in MLB.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseb...son/54302108/1

My thoughts are why is this even an issue? What is the percentage of black to white people in Professional Basketball, or the NFL? Would it be acceptable for white people to protest these sports because of the major percentage of blacks -vs- whites? Of course not, everyone that even commented on this would be looked at as a racist.

Feel free to move this post to the bilge, I just had to get this off of my chest. I am so sick of hearing how everything is not fair towards blacks. It's racism no doubt, it's totally racist towards white people, but that's completely acceptable in the world we live in.

The fact that this article was even written and published to the public is completely unacceptable in my opinion. It should have never been allowed to be published because it's a NON ISSUE.

Russ
RussH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:26 PM
  #2    
Admirals Club Captains Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dania Beach, FL
Posts: 19,257
Default

Don't you know how it works by now?

Anything the black community excels in makes them better than white folks and they are proud to say it out loud.

Anything that has little to no members of the black community involvement makes white people racists.

Where is the United Caucasian College Fund?
Where are the all white only colleges?
Is there a white history month? I think some white people did some good stuff.

No....if any of those things existed it would be racist. Somehow racism only goes in one direction. I believe that is known as hypocrisy.

Also......when young members of the black community use the N word it is like white people saying "dude" or "buddy" or "guy" but if a white person uses the N word it is racist.

At the same time it is not racism for a member of the black community to use words like "honky" or "cracker" or "white boy".

There's that double standard/hypocrisy again.

But if they call you a "cracker" the joke is really on them. The term cracker isn't derived from anything white in color like a saltine cracker. It's what the slaves used to call their master. Short for whip cracker.

No I am not racist, I have a couple of black friends. I am however prejudice against ignorance which comes in all colors, religions, races and ethnic backgrounds.
__________________




www.CoastalNightLights.com
ScarabChris is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 04-16-2012, 10:30 PM
  #3    
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: NC/GA
Posts: 4,991
Default

Statements in the article are hinting at racism as the cause and there are steps being taken to increase the amount of blacks in MLB.

Oh, great, affirmative action for baseball! 'And with the ninth pick, Seattle takes ... no, wait, we can't take the best player because we have to take a black guy with this pick.' I guess it's a new world, though, Georgetown basketball actually had a white guy. Don't know if he had a scholarship, but he was on the bench ...



Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:45 PM
  #4    
Admirals Club
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,828
Default

Take a look at the percentage of blacks playing college sports.
Basketball has the highest percentage next is football and then track and field and then very few blacks in college baseball.
That is based on what they themselves choose to participate in.

Go to any playground or schoolyard..you seldom see African american young people playing baseball.
But the basketball courts are very active.
Simply this..baseball is not a sport they consider important.
So when it come to professional sports the same thing applies.
It is not high on their short list.

It has less to do with racism but more to do with their own choices and interests.
__________________

MARINE ELECTRONICS- TRANSDUCERS SALES
PM me or Email: travis.g@sbcglobal.net 1-800-925-0341
Feel free to contact me for any help & assistance.
...Gil Travis...

VISIT MY FORUM FOR SALES SPECIALS AND FYI
Link:
http://www.thehulltruth.com/semperfifishing-135/

Last edited by semperfifishing; 04-17-2012 at 03:02 AM.
semperfifishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:48 PM
  #5    
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pacific NW coast~!
Posts: 1,683
Default

Here we go.
makonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:00 AM
  #6    
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chesapeake,Va
Posts: 1,519
Default

Meh...what about lacrosse?? Or polo...or golf.....are all these racist too???just another shock headline to sell newspapers...
__________________
FlyingCircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:37 AM
  #7    
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: CT
Posts: 16,170
Default

Diversity has always been pointed out as one of our countries unique strenghts. As the world becomes more "global" is so many ways it is also becoming more tribal and maybe these same strengths that used to bring us together have been twisted by whatever forces to make us more separate in so many other ways.

Pat Buchannons latest book is exactly about this subject.


MLB ofocurse has become more Latin as it becomes less Black.
__________________
1st Cav Div Air Assault Infantry RVN
-Can Do........ and .......Carry On -
LI Sound Grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:38 AM
  #8    
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: St.Pete
Posts: 695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarabChris View Post
Don't you know how it works by now?

Anything the black community excels in makes them better than white folks and they are proud to say it out loud.

Anything that has little to no members of the black community involvement makes white people racists.

Where is the United Caucasian College Fund?
Where are the all white only colleges?
Is there a white history month? I think some white people did some good stuff.

No....if any of those things existed it would be racist. Somehow racism only goes in one direction. I believe that is known as hypocrisy.

Also......when young members of the black community use the N word it is like white people saying "dude" or "buddy" or "guy" but if a white person uses the N word it is racist.

At the same time it is not racism for a member of the black community to use words like "honky" or "cracker" or "white boy".

There's that double standard/hypocrisy again.

But if they call you a "cracker" the joke is really on them. The term cracker isn't derived from anything white in color like a saltine cracker. It's what the slaves used to call their master. Short for whip cracker.

No I am not racist, I have a couple of black friends. I am however prejudice against ignorance which comes in all colors, religions, races and ethnic backgrounds.
Well said!!!!!!!!!
__________________
The Bluewater sold, I'm boatless...
Working on a way into a Epic 23....time will tell
lateagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:41 AM
  #9    
Senior MemberPLEDGERPLEDGERCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Best Part of Georgia
Posts: 8,869
Default

Anyone that reads a typically slanted article in USAToday deserves to be annoyed and pissed off. I'm just sayin......
Tireless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:43 AM
  #10    
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,572
Default

Now if Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton could read they'd be all over that.
Gator56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:46 AM
  #11    
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
PLEDGERPLEDGERPLEDGERPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South Mississippi
Posts: 16,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireless View Post
Anyone that reads a typically slanted article in USAToday deserves to be annoyed and pissed off. I'm just sayin......
Yep.

Another publication that left journalism at the dumpster in preference of opinion.


Big Al
__________________
?????????????????





Snapper Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:11 AM
  #12    
Senior MemberPLEDGERPLEDGERCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Best Part of Georgia
Posts: 8,869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper Head View Post
Yep.

Another publication that left journalism at the dumpster in preference of opinion.


Big Al
No shit. I am in Dallas looking at today's copy of USAToday and LMFAO at the beginning of the front page article on the severe cutbacks at the IRS........wow, the article claims the IRS had it's bloated budget cut by a whopping 2.5% this year. This massive budget cut is being used to justify the IRS' shitty response time and delayed processing of returns. What a crock of horseshit.......the IRS has always sucked.......somehow the morons at USAToday missed those memos.
Tireless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:24 AM
  #13    
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fallsington, PA
Posts: 2,917
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
Meh...what about lacrosse?? Or polo...or golf.....are all these racist too???just another shock headline to sell newspapers...
Actually, the top ranked high school polo players are a group of black kids from West Philadelphia.

http://inamerica.blogs.cnn.com/2012/...as-inner-city/
Because Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:27 AM
  #14    
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: benson, nc/ atlantic beach
Posts: 2,984
Default

if you look at the few black baseball players in the league you will notice that most of them carry themselves conpletely different then the black starts of the NBA and NFL
outlaw gunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:27 AM
  #15    
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: CT
Posts: 16,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Because Boat View Post
Actually, the top ranked high school polo players are a group of black kids from West Philadelphia.

http://inamerica.blogs.cnn.com/2012/...as-inner-city/
Doubting thomas here - I checked t myself - who wudda thought - very interesting, Thanks
__________________
1st Cav Div Air Assault Infantry RVN
-Can Do........ and .......Carry On -
LI Sound Grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:37 AM
  #16    
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Raleigh & Surf City, NC
Posts: 10,140
Default

Only Honkeys and Crackers can be racist. (no offense Cracker). Blacks, African-Americans, Negroes, people of color, colored people, or niggas (this last term inserted only because that's what I mainly hear when they are refering to each other or are in a group chillin') [please read only the term that does not offend you] cannot be racist.
__________________

*1981 Master Marine GoodGo 28*
Mercruiser 6.2L mpi 320hp/Bravo 1
baypro21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:38 AM
  #17    
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Somewhere in the middle of Michigan
Posts: 6,258
Default

Cheer up- our time is coming.

As US population percentage of african-americans, asian-americans and hispanic-surnamed-americans continues to grow, while the percentage of "whites" declines, whites will soon be just another minority, entitled to scream "racist" and "discrimination" whenever they please.
yarcraft91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:42 AM
  #18    
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Somewhere in the middle of Michigan
Posts: 6,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireless View Post
No shit. I am in Dallas looking at today's copy of USAToday and LMFAO at the beginning of the front page article on the severe cutbacks at the IRS........wow, the article claims the IRS had it's bloated budget cut by a whopping 2.5% this year. This massive budget cut is being used to justify the IRS' shitty response time and delayed processing of returns. What a crock of horseshit.......the IRS has always sucked.......somehow the morons at USAToday missed those memos.
This should be a completely different thread. I'm still waiting to see if the government ever carries out the same kind of 10%+ "workforce reductions" that occurred in my company at least 6 times in my 33 year career. Has the federal government ever had a serious layoff?
yarcraft91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:47 AM
  #19    
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 10,220
Default

I think Jim Thorpe was the last Native American in any sport. Where are the non Jews in the media?
__________________
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights.
You assume all risk for your use. The author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner's acting ability.
2011 the TheHullTruth.com. All rights reserved.
08087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:08 AM
  #20    
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
PLEDGER
 
HOTSPOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Supply, NC
Posts: 13,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarabChris View Post
Don't you know how it works by now?

Anything the black community excels in makes them better than white folks and they are proud to say it out loud.

Anything that has little to no members of the black community involvement makes white people racists.

Where is the United Caucasian College Fund?
Where are the all white only colleges?
Is there a white history month? I think some white people did some good stuff.

No....if any of those things existed it would be racist. Somehow racism only goes in one direction. I believe that is known as hypocrisy.

Also......when young members of the black community use the N word it is like white people saying "dude" or "buddy" or "guy" but if a white person uses the N word it is racist.

At the same time it is not racism for a member of the black community to use words like "honky" or "cracker" or "white boy".

There's that double standard/hypocrisy again.

But if they call you a "cracker" the joke is really on them. The term cracker isn't derived from anything white in color like a saltine cracker. It's what the slaves used to call their master. Short for whip cracker.

No I am not racist, I have a couple of black friends. I am however prejudice against ignorance which comes in all colors, religions, races and ethnic backgrounds.
AMEN
__________________
HOTSPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 



©2009 TheHullTruth.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0