The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

Go Back   >
Search


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2016, 01:05 AM   #41
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ohio (Lake Erie)
Posts: 1,790
Default

"Oh, for the guy talking about AK Steel, do you also do business with Nucor? That's where I work."

Vitamin_Sea - Yes I believe we do (if your talking about the mill in NC). It is not in my territory but within of our division.

I work for a bearing manufacturer. I believe we would supply Nucor through one of our national distributors, Motion Industries because they have the national contract with Nucor.

It was a "natural" for us to do business with your plant on replacement bearings because we probably supplied the original bearings to the mill-builder of the original equipment in your mill. I think you have a Sumitomo Caster there if memory serves correct.
Walleye Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 04:13 AM   #42
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleye Guy View Post
"Oh, for the guy talking about AK Steel, do you also do business with Nucor? That's where I work."

Vitamin_Sea - Yes I believe we do (if your talking about the mill in NC). It is not in my territory but within of our division.

I work for a bearing manufacturer. I believe we would supply Nucor through one of our national distributors, Motion Industries because they have the national contract with Nucor.

It was a "natural" for us to do business with your plant on replacement bearings because we probably supplied the original bearings to the mill-builder of the original equipment in your mill. I think you have a Sumitomo Caster there if memory serves correct.

Nope, Danielli. We do use Motion Industries a lot. Too bad you don't come out this way. I could probably get you fishing.
Vitamin_Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 07:32 AM   #43
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer180 View Post
Ok. Please tell me that was a raft world record attempt Now I can see that CCs are super extremely rare here (yes I am at MI now!).
Pioneer welcome to MI and Ford. I if you need any advice or would like to go fishing let me know. I work at the stamping plant (controls engineer).
draggenballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 02:54 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ohio (Lake Erie)
Posts: 1,790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamin_Sea View Post
Nope, Danielli. We do use Motion Industries a lot. Too bad you don't come out this way. I could probably get you fishing.
That would be great but a tough task to get down there on business since my territory is Ohio, Michigan and Indiana. When I covered Pennsylvania a number of years back I visited Danielli in Pittsburgh a number of times trying to get a project.

What is your function in the mill?

We will be coming down to N. Myrtle Beach next June for two weeks. I hope to do a charter down there
Walleye Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 06:09 PM   #45
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleye Guy View Post
That would be great but a tough task to get down there on business since my territory is Ohio, Michigan and Indiana. When I covered Pennsylvania a number of years back I visited Danielli in Pittsburgh a number of times trying to get a project.

What is your function in the mill?

We will be coming down to N. Myrtle Beach next June for two weeks. I hope to do a charter down there


Shift Electrician at the furnace. I was at the Caster until about 6 mos. ago. Hot, miserable work, but it funds my new and very expensive offshore fishing hobby. I used to be an electrical engineer with a desk job and I like this better, I think... maybe. So what bearing company is this? I know we use a lot of SKF. I try to use them in my boat trailers too. Anything that's not made in China, really.


Oh and sorry to hijack this thread, but I think the OP got his answer. I would also like to add that anyone who visits Dearborn should go to the Henry Ford museum. Between that and the Smithsonian, it's a toss-up as to which is better.
Vitamin_Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 06:13 PM   #46
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Palm Beach County
Posts: 3,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman48047 View Post
Welcome to Michigan. I just bought a house in Palm Bay so my transition will be the opposite of yours. I run a 20' side console all over Lake St. Clair.

I wanted to mention, there are a significant number of duck hunters on the great lakes. If you see birds (duck decoys) sitting on the water out in the open there may be a very small, low boat (layout boat) that is rather difficult to see, or decoys and boats along the shoreline (where permitted) covered in camo. Season runs from October 8th to December 4th.

Just a heads up, I don't want you to have any issues as those guys are all armed.
Thanks. Trust me, you won't see me on the water on October or after any time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draggenballs View Post
Pioneer welcome to MI and Ford. I if you need any advice or would like to go fishing let me know. I work at the stamping plant (controls engineer).
Thanks I am at Bldg3 with Central Software org. Would love to go fishing to at least see how it is done here. I went to Cabelas last Saturday and all was alien to me
Pioneer180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 04:04 AM   #47
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 184
Default

You won’t go on the water in October… Come-On man thats the best time of year to fish….

Wait till ya try Walleye fishing in the spring…
Nothing better than being on the “D” or St. Clair rivers when its 32 deg. And snow flurries….

But really, welcome to MI. we really do enjoy our summers here because they are so damn short…

And just fyi, if you like chilling and hanging out on sandbars there are plenty on LSC, most are family friendly but there are a few maybe not so much…
TestPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:54 AM.


©2009 TheHullTruth.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.9.3.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.