The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

Go Back   >
Search


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-09-2017, 05:17 PM   #1
Admirals Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South FL
Posts: 1,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Boca Chita key lately?

Any THTer has been to boca Chita lately? I want to make a camping trip, but reviews I've read say it's not worth it due to noisy/party crowds with loud music until late into the night.
JoseG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:08 PM   #3
Admirals Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South FL
Posts: 1,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
We're headed down this weekend with about 7 other boats. This will be our first experience & hopefully a good one.
Great, please report back when you return. Good luck
JoseG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:38 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: marathron fla keys
Posts: 1,722
Default

Last time there the "group "was freindiy. Noisey and ran gens all nite. Those folks seam to do their thing no matter what. rangers are nohelp.
deckape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:45 PM   #5
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 1,368
Default

You can also go south a bit to Elliott Key. There are facilities there, which the ladies appreciate. There is also a bit more room to spread out and get away, if you need to.
SeaCat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:39 PM   #6
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Coral Gables, Fl.
Posts: 2,624
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaCat22 View Post
You can also go south a bit to Elliott Key. There are facilities there, which the ladies appreciate. There is also a bit more room to spread out and get away, if you need to.
Skeeters will kill ya if it's over 75 degrees. My poor 1 year old kids got bit all over last week there and we were there for 10 minutes and they were slathered in bug repellent. Had to run them back in the cabin with AC where they wouldn't go.

Last edited by Searosis; 01-10-2017 at 06:54 AM.
Searosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:45 PM   #7
Admirals Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South FL
Posts: 1,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckape View Post
Last time there the "group "was freindiy. Noisey and ran gens all nite. Those folks seam to do their thing no matter what. rangers are nohelp.
That's my worry, night-long noise, gens, loud music, troublemakers
JoseG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:00 AM   #8
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South, FL
Posts: 5,821
Default

Dreamcatcher14 spent new years weekend there camping.
Leeroyjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:53 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: St Barths F.W.I.
Posts: 3,930
Default

If the wind is blowing +15, bugs are not an issue.
BSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:28 PM   #10
Admirals Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South FL
Posts: 1,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeroyjenkins View Post
Dreamcatcher14 spent new years weekend there camping.
we need his input,
JoseG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 01:20 PM   #11
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 2,732
Default

New years eve weekend camping trip.

Friday morning with the hard north winds (20+) it was not bad bug wise (except for the south trail through the woods). Satruday morning the wind switched east and down to about 12mph and the bugs were out. Not horrible but you needed spray. Anything near the trees was bad. We relocated the tent from the far north end to the very middle of the island Saturday morning to stay the most exposed to the wind. Marina was full all weekend though. Camping site fee is up to $25 per night now...

Usually by this time of year it is not a huge problem but it has been a warm winter so there are still some bugs.
DreamCatcher14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 03:51 PM   #12
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Dania Beach, FL
Posts: 1,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCatcher14 View Post
New years eve weekend camping trip.

Friday morning with the hard north winds (20+) it was not bad bug wise (except for the south trail through the woods). Satruday morning the wind switched east and down to about 12mph and the bugs were out. Not horrible but you needed spray. Anything near the trees was bad. We relocated the tent from the far north end to the very middle of the island Saturday morning to stay the most exposed to the wind. Marina was full all weekend though. Camping site fee is up to $25 per night now...

Usually by this time of year it is not a huge problem but it has been a warm winter so there are still some bugs.
thanks bud
Copout@castaways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:44 PM   #13
Admirals Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South FL
Posts: 1,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCatcher14 View Post
New years eve weekend camping trip.

Friday morning with the hard north winds (20+) it was not bad bug wise (except for the south trail through the woods). Satruday morning the wind switched east and down to about 12mph and the bugs were out. Not horrible but you needed spray. Anything near the trees was bad. We relocated the tent from the far north end to the very middle of the island Saturday morning to stay the most exposed to the wind. Marina was full all weekend though. Camping site fee is up to $25 per night now...

Usually by this time of year it is not a huge problem but it has been a warm winter so there are still some bugs.
thanks!

Any issues with noisy neighbors, loud music late into the night?
JoseG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:16 PM   #14
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location:
Posts: 3,437
Default

Eliot key airforce will carry you away . Terrible but so much better than BC. Space and nice restrooms.
wangotango321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:31 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 109
Default

We spent a night there in late October. The wind was up so the ride there was choppy, but the mosquitos were under control. There were maybe 6 other boats there and no one was loud. We are looking into going again this weekend. The weather won't be perfect, but we just want to relax.

If anyone sees us (Down Time) please stop and say "hi."
Freedomskeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:48 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Miami FL
Posts: 391
Default

Sounds nice, I have never been there probably cause I have a center console and may need a place to sleep.. I guess most of you have a cabin boat? are any of you with a center console?
rcruz2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:02 PM   #17
Admirals Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South FL
Posts: 1,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcruz2525 View Post
Sounds nice, I have never been there probably cause I have a center console and may need a place to sleep.. I guess most of you have a cabin boat? are any of you with a center console?
You can camp on the island
JoseG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 04:15 AM   #18
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Dania Beach, FL
Posts: 1,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedomskeeper View Post
We spent a night there in late October. The wind was up so the ride there was choppy, but the mosquitos were under control. There were maybe 6 other boats there and no one was loud. We are looking into going again this weekend. The weather won't be perfect, but we just want to relax.

If anyone sees us (Down Time) please stop and say "hi."
We'll be there. Family Jewell & about 6 other boats.
Copout@castaways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 06:45 AM   #19
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: coral gables, florida
Posts: 4,261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
We'll be there. Family Jewell & about 6 other boats.
6 boats? better get there early, i think the few spots go pretty early.

pls post a report. thx
alacrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:06 AM   #20
Admirals Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South FL
Posts: 1,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
We'll be there. Family Jewell & about 6 other boats.
Are you cruising down from Dania? abt 3 hrs, right?

I also keep my boat in Dania.
JoseG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:02 AM.


©2009 TheHullTruth.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.9.3.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.