The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

Go Back   >
Search


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-11-2017, 09:12 AM   #41
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftergolf View Post
I do not think they had one in NC last year if I remember correctly.
They had the exact same thing at the fairgrounds last January. We bought a boat there.
float427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 02:07 PM   #42
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Sandhills, North Carolina
Posts: 8
Default

Attended this show today at the NC Fair Grounds. $9 to get in and lots more to see than I anticipated. Drove an hour and well worth the time.
bugsyinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 05:14 PM   #43
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsyinnc View Post
Attended this show today at the NC Fair Grounds. $9 to get in and lots more to see than I anticipated. Drove an hour and well worth the time.
Couldn't agree more! That was an awesome show!

Met a few folks but the ones that stand out the most are the folks at Performance East and their 26ft Welcraft Scarab. that boat feels like a 28-30 ft very nice for the money.

Laceration Lures! Those guys got it going on. Bought 4 rigged lures for under 100.00 bucks.

A definite must on my annual to do list......
rjstrickjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 07:03 PM   #44
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: N.C.
Posts: 3,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstrickjr View Post
Couldn't agree more! That was an awesome show!

Met a few folks but the ones that stand out the most are the folks at Performance East and their 26ft Welcraft Scarab. that boat feels like a 28-30 ft very nice for the money.

Laceration Lures! Those guys got it going on. Bought 4 rigged lures for under 100.00 bucks.

A definite must on my annual to do list......
I also liked the Wellcraft for the price point.

Decent show. Plenty to see and worth the price of admission. Many knowledgeable vendors very willing to share their knowledge.
CAP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 07:08 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Atlantic Beach, NC
Posts: 270
Default

I've been to both for several years now and although the Bass and Saltwater Expo was better this year than last, Raleigh boat show blows the expo out of the water.

Not many NC built boats at the expo like Raleigh boat show, plus the serve up adult beverages.
lilsmokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:26 PM   #46
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,082
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsmokie View Post
I've been to both for several years now and although the Bass and Saltwater Expo was better this year than last, Raleigh boat show blows the expo out of the water.

Not many NC built boats at the expo like Raleigh boat show, plus the serve up adult beverages.
Except that the boat show has essentially no tackle. So really it depends on your primary interest: boats or tackle.
one wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:28 PM   #47
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,082
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goheelzfan View Post
Saltwater Expo
For boats, the Raleigh boat show at the convention center has many more boats and boat dealers than the saltwater expo.
one wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 05:18 AM   #48
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 499
Default

I'm going today. Did anyone happen to see any penn battle combos on sale? Been looking to pick one up, if there is a good alternative I'd be interested in your opinion.
mcsd63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 05:32 AM   #49
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsd63 View Post
I'm going today. Did anyone happen to see any penn battle combos on sale? Been looking to pick one up, if there is a good alternative I'd be interested in your opinion.
I did not see any. There was very little Penn gear from what I did see, but then again I was in shock at all the stuff!
rjstrickjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 05:43 AM   #50
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 499
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstrickjr View Post
I did not see any. There was very little Penn gear from what I did see, but then again I was in shock at all the stuff!

Thanks
mcsd63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 05:55 AM   #51
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Atlantic Beach, NC
Posts: 270
Default

Penn Battle 2 reels for 129.99 I think. They were in the Jim Graham building, second aisle to the left when you go in.

Idk if Neuse still has there's on sale, but I got my combos spooled with braid for $88 a piece back after Christmas.
lilsmokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 05:56 AM   #52
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Four Oaks NC
Posts: 66
Default

My 2 sons an I went to the Expo and really had a good time. Was looking at ideas for LED lighting, electronics, and safety equipment. Little disappointed in electronics and PFD,s but overall we had a great time!
timtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 06:33 AM   #53
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 499
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsmokie View Post
Penn Battle 2 reels for 129.99 I think. They were in the Jim Graham building, second aisle to the left when you go in.

Idk if Neuse still has there's on sale, but I got my combos spooled with braid for $88 a piece back after Christmas.

Cheaper at West marine with free shipping. I have a price baseline so I know what to look for one price. If I don't find anything comparable price wise I'll just order online. That was a great price at Neuse. I'd have bought 2 at that price.
mcsd63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:14 AM   #54
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 26
Default

We went yesterday from Charlotte and had a great time. Spent about $100 on flounder gear and some custom top water plugs. Spent $25 on lunch in their cafeteria and it was the worst food I ever had had! Eat before you go!! Bay boats and midsize CC's as far as you could see and watched a seminar. I thought there were great deals if you were there to buy a boat. The tackle was not really on sale.
Graham0383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 07:14 PM   #55
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Holden Beach/ Northern California
Posts: 1,140
Default

Just got home and decided to stop into EZ Bait and Tackle on the way home. Spent much more and better deal there than the show. Hanta rods were freaking sick!! Spent a lot of time talking to them and they are sweet. Other than that, I want to sell my soul for a Bay boat!! The sportsman with upper station was the nicest Bay boat fit and finish iv ever seen. Got to shop around for a new skiff and was nice to see the quality of each side by side. Did I mention that it wasn't a saltwater show! More bass plastic lures and zebo combos then Walmart. Where was bluewater candy? Where was fathom? Where was the local companies that make great saltwater products? ...not there! Price was fine since they didn't check and got to walk aroun drinking a cold IPA and enjoying a day with a good buddy
Wickedfisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 09:47 PM   #56
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedfisha View Post
Just got home and decided to stop into EZ Bait and Tackle on the way home. Spent much more and better deal there than the show. Hanta rods were freaking sick!! Spent a lot of time talking to them and they are sweet. Other than that, I want to sell my soul for a Bay boat!! The sportsman with upper station was the nicest Bay boat fit and finish iv ever seen. Got to shop around for a new skiff and was nice to see the quality of each side by side. Did I mention that it wasn't a saltwater show! More bass plastic lures and zebo combos then Walmart. Where was bluewater candy? Where was fathom? Where was the local companies that make great saltwater products? ...not there! Price was fine since they didn't check and got to walk aroun drinking a cold IPA and enjoying a day with a good buddy
Couldn't agree more. Local companies would be great to see at this show. Also The GPS Store would be another so folks could see displays of electronics and talk to knowledgeable people.
rdnkvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 04:06 AM   #57
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 26
Default

Y'all have to remember anybody can get a booth at these shows. The bigger the booth the more they cost and they're first come first serve. There wasn't a lot of saltwater baits there because there weren't many saltwater bait companies that bought a booth. I'm sure there are bass guys wanting to know why there was only maybe 7-8 bass boats there and 60-70 saltwater rigs. If y'all want to see more saltwater baits at the show next year, you need to reach out to the companies you like and let them know. It's not up to the expo to make sure they sign up and buy a booth for the weekend.
Graham0383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 04:36 AM   #58
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ocean Isle Beach, NC
Posts: 7,280
Default

There is no reason for companies like Blue Water Candy or The GPS Store to spend the money to go to the Expo.
N2theblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 05:43 AM   #59
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedfisha View Post
Just got home and decided to stop into EZ Bait and Tackle on the way home. Spent much more and better deal there than the show. Hanta rods were freaking sick!! Spent a lot of time talking to them and they are sweet. Other than that, I want to sell my soul for a Bay boat!! The sportsman with upper station was the nicest Bay boat fit and finish iv ever seen. Got to shop around for a new skiff and was nice to see the quality of each side by side. Did I mention that it wasn't a saltwater show! More bass plastic lures and zebo combos then Walmart. Where was bluewater candy? Where was fathom? Where was the local companies that make great saltwater products? ...not there! Price was fine since they didn't check and got to walk aroun drinking a cold IPA and enjoying a day with a good buddy
The guys at EZ Bait are the best. I get most of my tackle and advise from them.

Speaking of the Sportsman, did you see the 28 open next to it? Got a quote on it with some add ons and and a half tower/flybridge just like the bay next to it. What a bargain for the amount of boat you can get.
rjstrickjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:08 AM   #60
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: N.C.
Posts: 3,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedfisha View Post
Hanta rods were freaking sick!!
Understatement.
The finest saltwater rods there. He has some new models coming out at a lower price point too.

Quote:
I thought there were great deals if you were there to buy a boat. The tackle was not really on sale.
^
True.
CAP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:40 PM.


©2009 TheHullTruth.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.9.3.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.