The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

Go Back   >
Search


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-09-2016, 12:34 PM   #41
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tequesta, Fl
Posts: 741
Default

Cruise and fuel burn numbers?
Shift Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 03:33 PM   #42
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: East of the 50
Posts: 1,853
Default

Man this is a great deal for this boat. someone snatch this thing up!!!
85diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 01:47 PM   #43
Admirals Club
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 123
Default Fuel numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift Work View Post
Cruise and fuel burn numbers?
I've never really calculated very well but on average between a few trips offshore and cruising around inshore I got 4 mpg that's a mixture of a 30 min trip to inlet with 3 run zones and running from spot to spot bottom fishing and trolling as well it does exceptionally well on fuel.
Rhurley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 05:23 PM   #44
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tequesta, Fl
Posts: 741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhurley08 View Post
I've never really calculated very well but on average between a few trips offshore and cruising around inshore I got 4 mpg that's a mixture of a 30 min trip to inlet with 3 run zones and running from spot to spot bottom fishing and trolling as well it does exceptionally well on fuel.
Super efficient. Will it cruise 30mph? And what does it top out at?
Shift Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 06:13 PM   #45
Admirals Club
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 123
Default Fuel numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift Work View Post
Super efficient. Will it cruise 30mph? And what does it top out at?
Sorry I forgot to ad speed, i like to cruise around 2600 at 22 knots and it'll top out at 28.5 knots at 3200 rpm if you took some pitch out of the prop I was told by the prop guys that it'll run a little quicker but less efficient.
Rhurley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 10:29 PM   #46
Admirals Club
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 123
Default Price drop

$29,999.00 ;-p

Brand new alternator just installed and engine serviced hours are steadily climbing she fishes every other night. Bought another 25' that needs a lot of work it's got a nice trailer tho with a little bunk mod it would be perfect I could negotiate into the deal.
Rhurley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 05:48 PM   #47
Admirals Club
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 123
Default Bumpin for the ad

Inboard boat still up for sale should have my other one finished up soon need this one gone make an offer
Rhurley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 01:37 PM   #48
Admirals Club
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 123
Default Bumpy

Bump
Rhurley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 02:59 PM   #49
pas
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Miami Beach
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhurley08 View Post
Sorry I forgot to ad speed, i like to cruise around 2600 at 22 knots and it'll top out at 28.5 knots at 3200 rpm if you took some pitch out of the prop I was told by the prop guys that it'll run a little quicker but less efficient.
if you are only spinning that motor to 3200 rpm wide open you are killing it and are seriously overpropped. You should be able to reach 3800 rpm with a full load and wide open. Whoever told you it would be less efficient was wrong, the motor will be loaded a lot less with a lower pitch prop and you are actually better being slightly underpropped and spinning to 4000 with a light load. Do you have an EGT sensor?
pas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 03:36 PM   #50
Admirals Club
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 123
Default Pyro

I don't have an actual pyro but have hit it with the light a few times checking it just to see what my temps were running all around to get a feel for each little bar on the digital gauge or coolant and oil n such and I never saw above 1267 which I think isn't too bad but I agree with the prop deal it feels like it could turn up a little more but it is what it is I'm not spending any money to repitch at this point I do have the spare prop that could easily and cheaply be repitched and tried but at this point I'm paying dockage for the boat to just sit I've got too much going on and am running a different boat I trailer places.

Last edited by Rhurley08; 01-16-2017 at 06:37 PM.
Rhurley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 03:36 PM   #51
Admirals Club
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 123
Default

^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas View Post
if you are only spinning that motor to 3200 rpm wide open you are killing it and are seriously overpropped. You should be able to reach 3800 rpm with a full load and wide open. Whoever told you it would be less efficient was wrong, the motor will be loaded a lot less with a lower pitch prop and you are actually better being slightly underpropped and spinning to 4000 with a light load. Do you have an EGT sensor?
Rhurley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:02 AM   #52
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 62
Default

Pm sent
10smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:56 AM   #53
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Pt Judith, RI
Posts: 824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas View Post
if you are only spinning that motor to 3200 rpm wide open you are killing it and are seriously overpropped. You should be able to reach 3800 rpm with a full load and wide open. Whoever told you it would be less efficient was wrong, the motor will be loaded a lot less with a lower pitch prop and you are actually better being slightly underpropped and spinning to 4000 with a light load. Do you have an EGT sensor?
Whoever told you a 6ly should spin to 4000 was wrong. You are thinking this is a 6LP, it is not, it is a 6LY. This should see 3300 rpms wide open, but i agree its best to be underpropped and see closer to 3400.
joemariani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:00 AM   #54
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: West Palm Beach
Posts: 280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemariani View Post
Whoever told you a 6ly should spin to 4000 was wrong. You are thinking this is a 6LP, it is not, it is a 6LY. This should see 3300 rpms wide open, but i agree its best to be underpropped and see closer to 3400.
Def looks like a 6ly. Were the 6ly's ever rated at only 315hp? Ours is an '04 rated at 370. Just curious.

thanks
mikiewpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:55 AM   #55
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Pt Judith, RI
Posts: 824
Default

Yes they did make it in a 315 as well. Excellent motor. Heavier and slower turning than the 6LP, but has a great reputation for longevity.
joemariani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:15 PM   #56
pas
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Miami Beach
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemariani View Post
Whoever told you a 6ly should spin to 4000 was wrong. You are thinking this is a 6LP, it is not, it is a 6LY. This should see 3300 rpms wide open, but i agree its best to be underpropped and see closer to 3400.
ok true my mistake the 315 hp threw me off. Actually the pictures hadn't loaded when I skimmed the first page, probably why i missed it.
pas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:37 PM   #57
Admirals Club
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10smuscle View Post
Pm sent
Never got a PM from you.
Rhurley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 02:46 PM   #58
Admirals Club
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 123
Default Sold

Boat is sold
Rhurley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:26 AM.


©2009 TheHullTruth.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.9.3.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.