Update: This boat was SOLD effective 12/31/2013. Thanks for your interest.
This is the classic Bertram “Moppie,” (Hull #251). She’s a well-loved and well-kept boat that still turns heads at fuel docks. She’s located in Solomons Island, MD.
Awlgrip hull paint was applied 2001, and she’s been kept under cover and on a lift ever since.
She had a major renovation in 2003, including:
• Repowered with two SeaMaxx 5.7 liter carbureted V8 engines; 310 hp each, 600 hours. Nibral props.
• Completely rewired.
• All new instruments including Floscan fuel meters. (She gets over 2 mpg -- 10 gph -- at 21 knots, or 1.8 mpg at 30 knots, which is my normal sustained cruise speed.)
• Garmin fishfinder/chartplotter installed w bronze thru-hull transducer
• New gel coat on decks. Hardware re-chromed or replaced.
• Automatic fire extinguisher installed in engine room
Her original fiberglass fuel tanks, which were vulnerable to ethanol fuel, were replaced with new aluminum tanks in 2006, before local marinas started selling ethanol fuel.
She got new risers in 2011.
In 2012 her bottom was resurfaced and gel coated.
This boat was running flawlessly and had just been detailed and waxed when put up on land in June 2013 to make room for a new & bigger boat. I will be sad to see her go.
Update, in response to queries: No trailer. Fuel capacity 84 gal (two tanks, 42 gal each side). This is a true inboard, as originally configured. She's the Mark II Sport Convertible
model, configured with Vee drives. The props are 16-inch x 19. (The original boat had 15 x 18, but the new engines are stronger than the original Chryslers they replaced, so we went up an inch.)
Contact Brooks Jackson.
Cell: 202 494-0690.
Serious inquiries only, please.