*THE HULL TRUTH is the world's largest FREE network for the discussion of Boating & Fishing. Whether you're researching a new boat, or are a seasoned Captain, you'll find The Hull Truth Boating & Fishing Message Forum contains a wealth of information from Boaters and Sportfishermen around the world.
Welcome to the updated THT!
If you are having trouble signing in, please email email@example.com with your username and we will help you. We thank you for your patience as we help you access the new site!
Random Quote: Front, bow. Back, stern. If ya don't get it right, squirt, I throw your ass out the little round window on the side.
As stated, I have a 1978 "Potter Built" Classic SeaCraft 23' up for sale. It needs work/restoration. Boat is located in Columbia, SC. Price is $475 or best reasonable offer. It is "as-is" and "where is". No motor(s) nor trailer is included although I have lifting capacity to load it onto your trailer. See attached pics. Have a title. Post or email any questions.
As for the transom, it has been redone in the past by the Previous owner. I can't attest to the current condition, but I can say it sounds solid, and has no delamination.
The floor has some "soft" spots and probably will need to be replaced. My plan was/is, depending on the sale, is to raise the floor 3" and redo the transom too. I want to built it to a full transom with an integrated "live" bait well and other hatches to incorporate a wash down equipment storage area and rope(s) locker. Then add a Armstrong or Hermco floating fiberglass bracket. Then I could run heavy 4 stroke twins or possibly a big single (300hp).
This boat was damaged in a storm. It broke loose of some of it's moorings and the front part of the hull (about 6"-12" above the waterline) was ground up against a low floating dock. The boat sustained damage but never sunk, according to the previous owner.
My plan was/is to convert this 23' "Sceptre" model into a Center Console model. The outer hull is exactly the same for both models.
Since I was planning to convert to a CC, I knew that I was going to redo the top cap to make the change. Also, I wanted to cut off the front cap and partially the cabin inner liner to access and potentially repair the damage to the nose. In hindsight, I didn't need to remove these items, as the damage to the hull was limited to the outside of the boat. But, it didn't matter as I was planning a CC conversion anyway. I did lay more structual fiberglass (CSM, 6 oz woven, and Biax 1708) to firm everything up, better than the original build. The front is still open for anybody to check the work and I have scores of digital pictures fully documenting every step of the comprehensive repair. The repaired area was "faired" and primer painted. These areas are identified by the lighter white primer paint.