The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

Go Back   The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > The Boating Forum
Search

Notices

Random Quote: Justice is often measured in calibers
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-12-2013, 12:15 PM
  #21    
Admirals Club
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Sailfish Capital. Snook fishing ain't bad either
Posts: 3,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necessary Evil View Post
They may not be as bright. I don't have a pic of them when they are on "both", however. I have some on my other boat that are five years older. The newer Lumitechs are significantly brighter. I think the LED industry is making huge progress on an almost daily basis it seems.
That's my gut feeling as well. I also have a fear of drilling holes in my transom. For both those reasons I wound up buying a 4' Alumiglo light stick about a year and a half ago and have been pleased.
__________________

25' Sea Vee
20' Hewes Light Tackle
tomfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:51 PM
  #22    
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,666
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCC View Post
Im gonna be in the market for some lights in the near future, have any of you guys tried the lights made by Chris at coastal night lights? Ive heard nothing but great things about him and his lights, and they only require a tiny hole to be drilled as well....
Good stuff.
__________________
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.
VanW is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 07-12-2013, 01:58 PM
  #23    
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Northern Neck, VA
Posts: 2,173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCC View Post
Im gonna be in the market for some lights in the near future, have any of you guys tried the lights made by Chris at coastal night lights? Ive heard nothing but great things about him and his lights, and they only require a tiny hole to be drilled as well....

yes.

10 thumbs up
__________________
22' Currituck CC
18.5' Winner CC (sold)
35' Contender twin 250's (sold)
28' Privateer (sold)
22' Grady White (sold)
21' T-craft (sold)
21' Cruisers Inc (sold)
18' Renken (POS)
rocksandblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:40 PM
  #24    
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 181
Default

These only need a tiny hole too. I've heard nothing but good things about his lights, but 3000 lumens in a colored fixture is unheard of. 6k as a pair and its really bright 400.00-500.00 can't be beat for this set up from Loomis. I was in the murky azz St. John's tonight and I will say that I was a little discourage until I got to decent water. Underway the lights were great but at idle they were weak looking due to the muddy water. Then I went out to the Jetties and idled and it looked sweet and within minutes there were glass minnows all over with a illuminated halo twenty feet around the whole boat
angrymullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:35 PM
  #25    
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 181
Default

okay so the strobe maybe is not such a good idea....looks like FWC....
angrymullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:27 AM
  #26    
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2
Default

Hi All, Just wanted to share some new leds underwater lights that i make. I get "NO Growth" on the lens of all my lights. The algae and barnicles do not grow in the intense single wavelength of the lights. I get these messages from all my customers. I make the worlds most powerful lights right now. Boats, docks and drop lights-gigging lights, pool lights. None of my lights cost over 250. Any voltage you want-120ac or 12vdc. 24 3watt leds in a lot of my lights. They will blow you away-dangerously bright and torture tested for weeks in 100f saltwater. Nothing and I mean nothing compares to the lights I make. Visit my website or call me for more information. You will get thousands of lumens with my lights-guaranteed!! I have tried all the others and these blow them away. I have 30 products that are unique and not available anywhere. I promise you will not be in anyway dissappointed in the illumination or the area illuminated. My lights are practically indestructable. I will have youtube video shortly of my Expedition running over a 24 led drop light to prove this point. Call me-Andy 508 524 0296
Again-there is nothing that even compares!!! I challenge you to find a better design and light output. My 24 led dock light compares to a 250watt mercury vapor but much greener and fish attracting-and NO GROWTH on the lens-just the body or housing.
swordchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:33 AM
  #27    
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordchaser View Post
Hi All, Just wanted to share some new leds underwater lights that i make. I get "NO Growth" on the lens of all my lights. The algae and barnicles do not grow in the intense single wavelength of the lights. I get these messages from all my customers. I make the worlds most powerful lights right now. Boats, docks and drop lights-gigging lights, pool lights. None of my lights cost over 250. Any voltage you want-120ac or 12vdc. 24 3watt leds in a lot of my lights. They will blow you away-dangerously bright and torture tested for weeks in 100f saltwater. Nothing and I mean nothing compares to the lights I make. Visit my website or call me for more information. You will get thousands of lumens with my lights-guaranteed!! I have tried all the others and these blow them away. I have 30 products that are unique and not available anywhere. I promise you will not be in anyway dissappointed in the illumination or the area illuminated. My lights are practically indestructable. I will have youtube video shortly of my Expedition running over a 24 led drop light to prove this point. Call me-Andy 508 524 0296
Again-there is nothing that even compares!!! I challenge you to find a better design and light output. My 24 led dock light compares to a 250watt mercury vapor but much greener and fish attracting-and NO GROWTH on the lens-just the body or housing.
So do you have a website? Can you put up some pictures?
I'm on a boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:55 AM
  #28    
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pgh Pa
Posts: 5,453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm on a boat View Post
So do you have a website? Can you put up some pictures?


http://lmgtfy.com/?q=www.loomisled.com
__________________
Assault Squadron NINE
River Assault Division NINETY-ONE-1966
Thalasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:06 AM
  #29    
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2
Default Underwater led lights-worlds most powerful!!

Website is Loomisled.com. There is no one that I know of that makes a 72watt green led transom light. Well maybe oceanled for 1800.00 vs my 200!! I dare anyone to compare my lights and these are insanely bright. Pictures do not do them justice. One 24led light will light up over half and acre at night. My new 6 cree xml light is 6000 lumens with aluminum reflectors for gigging and lobstering. I have been an engineer at MIT for 25 years and now build the worlds most powerful underwater lights for a fraction of any other manufacture. You can reach me 7 days a week and I return all calls promptly. Call me and I will be happy to educate you on led technology and my lights-there is nothing out there like them. Crazy powerful!-Andy 508 524 0296
swordchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:25 PM
  #30    
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 181
Default

So I think one of the pros to these lights are that the beam widths are wide. The others that I've seen seem to be more directional instead of an overall illumination. I fished last week at night and boy what a crazy night of flying fish squid and some other uso's....soon cool
angrymullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:10 AM
  #31    
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 181
Default

Hope to do some Mangrove hunting soon....
angrymullet is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 



©2009 TheHullTruth.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0