The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

Go Back   The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > The Boating Forum
Search

Notices

Random Quote: Did it broke or did it just come undid?
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-28-2010, 09:01 AM
  #1    
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4
Default Progressive Insurance Question - Fire related

Kind of long, so hold on.

I had my boat catch on fire the weekend of July 4th. It was running funny, we stopped and immediately saw heavy white smoke coming from the engine/battery compartment. Everyone hopped off while i emptied the extinguisher into the compartment. Once we were certain the fire was out, we assesed the damage and called SeaTow. I didn't have my cell phone with me, we were using one of the folks' phone with us, so all my insurance information wasn't with me. As soon as I got back home, I called to report the claim. (Maybe 2 hours from the time the fire started) The lady took all my information and told me a claims rep would be in contact. The next business day, I received the call from the claims rep. She was nice enough, and told us we would receive a call from the "special lines" adjuster in the next 48 hours. Well a week goes by and no call. So I call her and she tells me that he was busy as he covered all boats, RV, etc for the area. She said it would be within the week. Well, another week passes with no call from an adjuster. I call the claims rep back very angry at this point. I just want to get back out on the water. The fact that they didn't have enough employees wasn't my fault. I don't get to not pay my premium when I'm "busy". She aplogized and by the end of that day the adjuster had an appointment with the shop to go look at it the next day. The next day I get a call from the claims rep telling me that the shop had not done any diagnostics/estimates and that the adjuster couldn't proceed without those. She had specifically told me in our first conversation that the adjuster would handle all that with the shop and I was just to drop it off. So that's what I did. She claimed she never said such a thing. Nothing happens for a week and I get a call yesterday from the claims rep saying they are almost done with the estimate/diagnostics and once that is done the adjust will determine whether it was a covered loss or not. I was almost floored. Now obviously they want to make sure I didn't set it myself (Which should have been obvious since I PUT OUT THE FIRE and there were 6 people on board once of which is my 2 year old son). They asked for all sorts of forms, including a consumer history check which I presume is to make sure we weren't behind on the boat or in financial trouble.

My question is, could they somehow try to deny the claim based on maintenance or factory defect? In my unprofessional opinion, it looks like an electrical fire. I just want to get back out on the water, precious summer weekends are fading quickly. Anyone have any experience with Progressive Insurance boat fire claim?
ChrisDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:05 AM
  #2    
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4
Default

Some pictures for reference:





ChrisDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 07-28-2010, 09:09 AM
  #3    
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, NJ
Posts: 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDoo View Post
Kind of long, so hold on.

I had my boat catch on fire the weekend of July 4th. It was running funny, we stopped and immediately saw heavy white smoke coming from the engine/battery compartment. Everyone hopped off while i emptied the extinguisher into the compartment. Once we were certain the fire was out, we assesed the damage and called SeaTow. I didn't have my cell phone with me, we were using one of the folks' phone with us, so all my insurance information wasn't with me. As soon as I got back home, I called to report the claim. (Maybe 2 hours from the time the fire started) The lady took all my information and told me a claims rep would be in contact. The next business day, I received the call from the claims rep. She was nice enough, and told us we would receive a call from the "special lines" adjuster in the next 48 hours. Well a week goes by and no call. So I call her and she tells me that he was busy as he covered all boats, RV, etc for the area. She said it would be within the week. Well, another week passes with no call from an adjuster. I call the claims rep back very angry at this point. I just want to get back out on the water. The fact that they didn't have enough employees wasn't my fault. I don't get to not pay my premium when I'm "busy". She aplogized and by the end of that day the adjuster had an appointment with the shop to go look at it the next day. The next day I get a call from the claims rep telling me that the shop had not done any diagnostics/estimates and that the adjuster couldn't proceed without those. She had specifically told me in our first conversation that the adjuster would handle all that with the shop and I was just to drop it off. So that's what I did. She claimed she never said such a thing. Nothing happens for a week and I get a call yesterday from the claims rep saying they are almost done with the estimate/diagnostics and once that is done the adjust will determine whether it was a covered loss or not. I was almost floored. Now obviously they want to make sure I didn't set it myself (Which should have been obvious since I PUT OUT THE FIRE and there were 6 people on board once of which is my 2 year old son). They asked for all sorts of forms, including a consumer history check which I presume is to make sure we weren't behind on the boat or in financial trouble.

My question is, could they somehow try to deny the claim based on maintenance or factory defect? In my unprofessional opinion, it looks like an electrical fire. I just want to get back out on the water, precious summer weekends are fading quickly. Anyone have any experience with Progressive Insurance boat fire claim?
I read on another forum where Progressive denied the claim for a guy who's boat sank at the dock. One if his below water fitting failed and his bilge pump could not overcome the water. Progressive claimed a lack of maintenance was to blame and denied it. Now, in my not so humble opinion, every boat issue can be ultimately traced to a lack of maintenance in some degree. In your case, if it was an electrical fire and using the same logic, I could see them denying on the basis that you did not properly maintain your wires. i guess progressive expects you to actively look at EVERYTHING on the boat every time you use it or have it on the water. Not trying to scare you, but I have never heard one good thing about Progressive boat insurance.
Andy'sDelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:16 AM
  #4    
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy'sDelight View Post
I read on another forum where Progressive denied the claim for a guy who's boat sank at the dock. One if his below water fitting failed and his bilge pump could not overcome the water. Progressive claimed a lack of maintenance was to blame and denied it. Now, in my not so humble opinion, every boat issue can be ultimately traced to a lack of maintenance in some degree. In your case, if it was an electrical fire and using the same logic, I could see them denying on the basis that you did not properly maintain your wires. i guess progressive expects you to actively look at EVERYTHING on the boat every time you use it or have it on the water. Not trying to scare you, but I have never heard one good thing about Progressive boat insurance.
That's obviously my concern. Wish I had found out about progressive boat insurance before it was too late.
ChrisDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:23 AM
  #5    
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 10,874
Default

Extremely nice people, very nice on the phone, very friendly,....BUT............I've been waiting to be paid on a claim for thirty eight months. A claim that is in no way in dispute at all, no dispute, no arguement, just no money! Right at a six figure claim.
As I understand it, the legal period is 48 months. It appears to me that they will drag it out the full 48 months before they pay. The law allows that?!?! Now, I can sue, and I'll win, no question about that, but it's a catch 22. It'll take that long to ever reach court, and my legal expenses will eat up too much money, and NO, the legal expenses are not recoverable, at least in Florida.
Oh, my lawyer will come out fine, God bless him.
Insurance companies and lawyers, my favorite guys.
mike carrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:26 AM
  #6    
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Southwest Ranches / Daytona Beach Shores / Islamorada, FL
Posts: 1,514
Default

ChrisDoo........Relax and stay patience, document every conversation, and all pictures of your boat (before and after)....At this point you have done all that's required of you. Reported the loss timely, and prevented further damage from occurring, and have done what any other prudent person would have.

Sometimes pressuring the claims people can work against you, however a few weeks would try anyones patience, good luck.

Regards,
Big R
BIG R JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:40 AM
  #7    
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Suffolk, Va.
Posts: 10,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy'sDelight View Post
I read on another forum where Progressive denied the claim for a guy who's boat sank at the dock. One if his below water fitting failed and his bilge pump could not overcome the water. Progressive claimed a lack of maintenance was to blame and denied it. Now, in my not so humble opinion, every boat issue can be ultimately traced to a lack of maintenance in some degree. In your case, if it was an electrical fire and using the same logic, I could see them denying on the basis that you did not properly maintain your wires. i guess progressive expects you to actively look at EVERYTHING on the boat every time you use it or have it on the water. Not trying to scare you, but I have never heard one good thing about Progressive boat insurance.
Its usually not that simple. The guy probably said something stupid like last month he notice it was leaking a little and was going to repair it but it must have broken off and sank the boat. I would say about 95% of those stories are one sided and they give only the facts that they want you to here.
fishingfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:12 AM
  #8    
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 10,874
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfun View Post
Its usually not that simple. The guy probably said something stupid like last month he notice it was leaking a little and was going to repair it but it must have broken off and sank the boat. I would say about 95% of those stories are one sided and they give only the facts that they want you to here.
My experiance is clear cut, plain, absolutely no dispute on the insurance companies part at all, none.
They'll just drag it out until the 11th hour where they then will pay, but only when they absolutely must.
The law permits it, at least in Florida. I dont know about elsewhere.
Flo, in thier ads is sure pretty though, and entertaining.
As long as they dont have to pay a large claim, you've got no problem in the world. I've had very good experiance with a small claim, not a lot of money. Very good and fast service and always quite friendly and helpful. Dont dare have a large one though. At least in my experiance.
But the lawyers and Insurance company have become real pen pals. They write to each other, they call each other, and I'm convinced when the 48 months are right at the 11th hour, they'll pay. Before that? I dont think they feel any legal obligation to do so, so why do it when they dont have to? In Florida the law permits 48 months.
The insurance companies have the money, they have the time, they have the lawyers. Remember, the adjuster gets his gold star on his report card for how little he gets by with. Also, how fast, but I do question the relation between "fast" and the dollar figure. Small amout of money? Sure, no sweat. Large amount? Dont hold your breath.
mike carrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:29 AM
  #9    
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SE FL
Posts: 3,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike carrigan View Post
My experiance is clear cut, plain, absolutely no dispute on the insurance companies part at all, none.
They'll just drag it out until the 11th hour where they then will pay, but only when they absolutely must.
The law permits it, at least in Florida. I dont know about elsewhere.
Flo, in thier ads is sure pretty though, and entertaining.
As long as they dont have to pay a large claim, you've got no problem in the world. I've had very good experiance with a small claim, not a lot of money. Very good and fast service and always quite friendly and helpful. Dont dare have a large one though. At least in my experiance.
But the lawyers and Insurance company have become real pen pals. They write to each other, they call each other, and I'm convinced when the 48 months are right at the 11th hour, they'll pay. Before that? I dont think they feel any legal obligation to do so, so why do it when they dont have to? In Florida the law permits 48 months.
The insurance companies have the money, they have the time, they have the lawyers. Remember, the adjuster gets his gold star on his report card for how little he gets by with. Also, how fast, but I do question the relation between "fast" and the dollar figure. Small amout of money? Sure, no sweat. Large amount? Dont hold your breath.
Mike I do not mean to derail the OPs thread, but you do not have to sit and wait for them to get around and pay you. especially in Florida. I am an insurance adjuster. There is an adjuster's code of ethics in Florida, and the adjuster is required to settle claims when all factors indicate that he could have and should have done so.

There is a Civil Remedy, Report of Insurer Violation, that can be filed by the consumer (or his/her attorney) whic gets filed with the state. That places the company on notice of an issue and they 60 days in which to respond to the state as to why they are not paying or "Cure" the violation. In this case, from what you have said, the Cure would be for them to pay the claim. If they fail to respond or Cure the claim within the 60 days, then you are deemed correct by STATUTE and can then sue for damages and you will be awarded your attorney's fees. Your attorney should know this and there is info available on the Department of Financial Services web site. searcj "Civil Remedy"

If you need info, PM me. However, I am swamped at this time and I may not be able to get back to you for a few days.
__________________
makosteve66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:33 AM
  #10    
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: orlando madbeach, fl
Posts: 6,700
Default

My experience with Progressive was similar on my stolen trailer. Like most insurance companies these days they use independent claims adjusters. Progressive doesn't control the claims process, they go by the reccomendation of the adjusters.

As mentioned, be patient and document EVERYTHING. Tape phone conversations if you have a concern. You must let the other party know you are recording the conversation. Get names and dates of all contacts invloved in the claim.

It took about 4 weeks for me to get paid but they paid retail for a new trailer and all is good.
__________________
USCG 100 TON MASTER
Pursuit 2870 CC
Palm Beach 161
1984 Mckee Craft 14'


Sunset on the ICW
Madeira Beach, Fl


"ARRR BOAT" in Hopetown


"Many times life gives you the test, before you learn the lesson!"
signmansez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:02 AM
  #11    
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 10,874
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by makosteve66 View Post
Mike I do not mean to derail the OPs thread, but you do not have to sit and wait for them to get around and pay you. especially in Florida. I am an insurance adjuster. There is an adjuster's code of ethics in Florida, and the adjuster is required to settle claims when all factors indicate that he could have and should have done so.

There is a Civil Remedy, Report of Insurer Violation, that can be filed by the consumer (or his/her attorney) whic gets filed with the state. That places the company on notice of an issue and they 60 days in which to respond to the state as to why they are not paying or "Cure" the violation. In this case, from what you have said, the Cure would be for them to pay the claim. If they fail to respond or Cure the claim within the 60 days, then you are deemed correct by STATUTE and can then sue for damages and you will be awarded your attorney's fees. Your attorney should know this and there is info available on the Department of Financial Services web site. searcj "Civil Remedy"

If you need info, PM me. However, I am swamped at this time and I may not be able to get back to you for a few days.
I feel like I'm participating on a thread that's been running X3 and ongoing where I've tried to take a middle of the road approach, without emotion.
Well, this one hit a personal nerve ending and lit me up.
Funny how that happens where one can take a fair an objective view when discussing someone elses issue, but when it hits a personal issue, BOOM!
Coincidance only, just last night and this morning it's become a topic with my wife and I. We've sat for over three years, quiet, patient, polite, kinda our version of the silent majority. Now I'm getting pissed. Saw the thread and thought, well, what the hell, I'll lob a morter round at the party as well. It got personal.
Appreciate your advice and offer of assistance. We're using the law firm that our company uses, I'll continue waiting and getting hot under the collar. It just seems to me that every reason concieveable to avoid stroking the check is being used.
To make matters worse, and more aggrevating, my brother is a lawyer and has represented insurance companies. He's not my lawyer. I prefer someone with more ethics. I do know, thru my brother, the stalling tactics that can be done and well within the law. My family assumes no responsibility for my brother's inability to earn an honest living.

BTW, I dont think my comments are off topic as to the thread. Hope they're not looked at that way.
mike carrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:17 PM
  #12    
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hallandale Beach
Posts: 150
Default Insurance

Hopefully Progressive will cover the costs of the repair. However, as difficult as insurance companies are for the customer, do not forget about the shop that does the work. Insurance companies beat these shops up pretty bad and demand certain labor and parts rates, (very low rates). The result is less than perfect work done in the repair because they have to cut corners to satisfy their client, the insurance company. Ask any body shop owner, the honest ones have tons of horror stories. I am sure the same applies to the marine industry.
__________________
Tiara 33 Open
7.4 Crusaders
ktimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:25 PM
  #13    
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: 1984 35 Bertram NJ
Posts: 5,804
Default

You got what you paid for. At cheap sheeeeet policy from a company that has a terrible track record. Never mind their owners and political leanings.
CB Haws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:26 PM
  #14    
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SW Fla.
Posts: 1,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike carrigan View Post
I feel like I'm participating on a thread that's been running X3 and ongoing where I've tried to take a middle of the road approach, without emotion.
Well, this one hit a personal nerve ending and lit me up.
Funny how that happens where one can take a fair an objective view when discussing someone elses issue, but when it hits a personal issue, BOOM!
Coincidance only, just last night and this morning it's become a topic with my wife and I. We've sat for over three years, quiet, patient, polite, kinda our version of the silent majority. Now I'm getting pissed. Saw the thread and thought, well, what the hell, I'll lob a morter round at the party as well. It got personal.
Appreciate your advice and offer of assistance. We're using the law firm that our company uses, I'll continue waiting and getting hot under the collar. It just seems to me that every reason concieveable to avoid stroking the check is being used.
To make matters worse, and more aggrevating, my brother is a lawyer and has represented insurance companies. He's not my lawyer. I prefer someone with more ethics. I do know, thru my brother, the stalling tactics that can be done and well within the law. My family assumes no responsibility for my brother's inability to earn an honest living.

BTW, I dont think my comments are off topic as to the thread. Hope they're not looked at that way.

How the heck can a non contested insurance payout take 3 years?????? There is no way in hell. There must be a lot more to the story. What are they using as an excuse not to cut a check for the payout? I still say there is more to the story. There is no way a "normal" insurance claim is taking 3 or 4 years..........spill it.
__________________
2001 Carolina Classic 28 w/TAMD44's (traded)
2005 Carolina Classic 32 w/440 Yanmar's (traded)
2012 World Cat 320EC w/4.2L F300's
1972 Donzi C16B (sweet 16 outboard)
carbo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:44 PM
  #15    
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Mechanicsville VA
Posts: 5,742
Default

Progressive is famous for this type of service....why do you think they were the cheapest when you shopped insurance.
A buddy had a boat destroyed in a fire (38 ft Fountain completely restored with new engines/drives/interior/guages/etc). It was insured for $80K and he had been paying premiums for 2.5 years. Some kids were caught setting fire to the adjacent build where his boat was winter stored wile he was 6 states away for winter vacation......Progressive claimed "book value" on the boat and he wouldn't settle as he insured it for $80K (although older it legitimately was worth that much). He ended up riding with me for 2 years as they strung him out until the 23rd month (they have 24 months here).....and he ended up accepting a check for $66K cause he was simply tired of fighting with them. (they originally offered $48K)
__________________
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be certain they are accurate"----Abraham Lincoln
t500hps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:29 PM
  #16    
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 6,994
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Haws View Post
You got what you paid for. At cheap sheeeeet policy from a company that has a terrible track record. Never mind their owners and political leanings.
Actually what he got was a sheeeeet policy from a company with a well earned reputation of doing anything and everything to screw customers on legitimate claims, at a price that was only a small amount cheaper than a good policy from a great company.
Progressive has the slickest ad campaign, and most people are too lazy to do their homework, so that $50 they saved looks great until the loss happens.
LI32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:19 PM
  #17    
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 10,874
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbo View Post
How the heck can a non contested insurance payout take 3 years?????? There is no way in hell. There must be a lot more to the story. What are they using as an excuse not to cut a check for the payout? I still say there is more to the story. There is no way a "normal" insurance claim is taking 3 or 4 years..........spill it.
There's nothing to "spill".
My wife and I are non complainers, well, she is anyway.
The lawyers told us it would take "at least two years" to settle. Ok, we didn't even make phone calls as to the status. The law firm handeling it is my companies firm. Damn good one. Our posture was Ok, two years, I guess that's the way it is.
It was an auto accident. The guy that hit my wife head on was found 100% at fault. He had minimal Ins with no "uninsured motorist" coverage. The guy that hit her from behind was found 25% at fault. I've never actually understood all the percentage tally's. My wife, sitting still in a turning lane was found at no fault what so ever. Her car, a big one (she was hit by a truck) totaled, nailed from front and rear. Her legs, feet, ankles took all the brunt. Killed her dog, they had to pry her out. There is absolutely no agruement, contention, absolutely nothing, as to her having any responsibility what so ever, none from no body, ever. Not a single question, doubt, nothing. There's nothing to "spill".
Progressive has not yet paid the uninsured motorist coverage that we carry. They are not contesting, just everyone is writing letters to each other for over three years.
Must be more to tell? Well, no s - - t! That's kinda the way I look at it also.
Options? Sure, go to court. The insurance company knows that is quite unlikely. They know they'll lose, but who wins? Well, I guess the lawyers will. Fact is, they'll pay. Right up to the 11th hour before the clock strikes 48 months. Meanwhile, my wife is suffering with injuries, and will the rest of her life, she's currently sixty four. Maxed out our Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and the medical on our Progressive policy. All that's left to now be reckoned with is the uninsured motorist that we carry, that they will pay, but should have long before now. No one is contesting a damn thing. Until it's settled with Progressive, my lawyer wont settle with the other Ins companies. Progressive is, and has been holding up the entire damn parade.
No, it's far more common than one might think. The lawyer braced us from the very beginning for that fact. But, thus far, 38 months? I think that's dragging it out some.
Unusual for me to be on the complaint side on THT. If there's a complaint as to my product, seldom thank God, but if there is, it's generally me in the foxhole. First time I've ever been on this side of the trigger.
mike carrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:46 PM
  #18    
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SW Fla.
Posts: 1,814
Default

Thanks for elaborating Mike.......like I said....there was more to it. I thought it was a simple property loss claim. It was not.......I could see your type of case taking longer. I had pictured a sunk boat claim taking 3 years.......not the case. Hope it works out for you guys, you were wronged and deserve the payout. I was just saying that if I had a property loss like fire or sinking that 3 years would be a little crazy to settle.
__________________
2001 Carolina Classic 28 w/TAMD44's (traded)
2005 Carolina Classic 32 w/440 Yanmar's (traded)
2012 World Cat 320EC w/4.2L F300's
1972 Donzi C16B (sweet 16 outboard)
carbo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:07 PM
  #19    
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 10,874
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbo View Post
Thanks for elaborating Mike.......like I said....there was more to it. I thought it was a simple property loss claim. It was not.......I could see your type of case taking longer. I had pictured a sunk boat claim taking 3 years.......not the case. Hope it works out for you guys, you were wronged and deserve the payout. I was just saying that if I had a property loss like fire or sinking that 3 years would be a little crazy to settle.
Up to, I think, four vehicles insured with progressive at the same time, on the same policy.
My youngest daughter has driving skills that oblige me to keep a local body shop on speed dial!
I've had automobile claims with Progressive and always recieved very fast and good service. None of them, praise the Lord, serious. "Fender benders", but with a youngest daughter like mine, enough that I can recognize good service.
There's a total of four insurance companies involved here and a six figure issue. Because the other companies involved have rather small max liabilities, they're all in for paying what they should as to their policies. Almost immediatly they were there with their checks or willingness to pay out. One check went into my wifes lawyers safe within about a week after the accident, uncashed. Progressive is the largest and is holding the entire matter up. I really think that the thinking is to drag it out for a less amount of a settlement. I truly belive that, and it really makes me mad.
Well, if she was going to get crushed in an auto accident, could have been at least by a UPS truck. The only ins of any real value was ours with Progressive. I'm still with Progressive. Wonder if I could get a thirty eight month extension on making my premium payments? Think they'd see it the same way?
mike carrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:20 PM
  #20    
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SW Fla.
Posts: 1,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike carrigan View Post
There's a total of four insurance companies involved here and a six figure issue.

Admit it Mike....there was a little more here...

Sorry to derail this thread

I feel for you with the daughter...I have one about to get a real license....I have gotten her a car......and from driving with her I may need your recommendation for body shops.....Hope when you do get your settlement the lawyers leave some meat on the bone for you.
__________________
2001 Carolina Classic 28 w/TAMD44's (traded)
2005 Carolina Classic 32 w/440 Yanmar's (traded)
2012 World Cat 320EC w/4.2L F300's
1972 Donzi C16B (sweet 16 outboard)
carbo is online now   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 



©2009 TheHullTruth.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0