| | Re: Throttle sticking
this is not my idea but I'd done it to my cables and it works great.
You need a foot and a half of 3/8 ID reinforced plastic hose from Lowes, a tire valve, three hose clamps, a tire pump or small 12 volt air compressor with a gage, and MMO.
Shave the tire valve down and clamp it in one end of the hose.
1. Remove the fittings from one end of the cable.
2. Put 3 inches of Marvel Mystery Oil in the hose for every 20 feet of cable length.
3. Double clamp oil filled hose over cable.
4. Apply and maintain 50 PSI of air to the tire chuck. DO NOT EXCEED 50 PSI.
5. It will take 10 to 30 minutes for oil to appear at the other end. then your done. Have rags to catch the oil if your in a sensitive area.
I suggest safety glasses just in case somethings blows apart, but I have never had a problem. My save rate on cables is about 75%. I did all my cables every 2 years as PM but I was not on salt water.
Check out boat er ed . com / forum / topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=95043 for more information