Fishing & Miscellaneous Items - WTB - inhull ducer for a garmin 188

THE HULL TRUTH is the world's largest FREE network for the discussion of Boating & Fishing. Whether you're researching a new boat, or are a seasoned Captain, you'll find The Hull Truth Boating & Fishing Message Forum contains a wealth of information from Boaters and Sportfishermen around the world.

08-05-2006, 02:58 PM
I need an in-hull transducer (shoot-thru) for a 4 year old Garmin 188 gps/ff combo. I believe the Airmar P79 would work with it. So, one of those or an equivalent.

08-05-2006, 10:01 PM
I have a transom mount that might work?

In terms of transom mount- Iepoxyed a transom mount for shoot thru with good results,

can search in the electronics forum for reference.

When I bought my 1999 boat last year,

the transom transducers' mounting bracket was damaged

and the seller gave me this new replacement o for the garmin 185.

I ended off adding a separate fish finder.

If you research and find it works with your garmin, PM me...



08-08-2006, 10:24 AM
Thanks timing. But I haven't found that your transducer will work with my 188.

Anyone else have one?

08-22-2006, 09:00 AM

10-17-2006, 05:34 PM

10-17-2006, 05:46 PM
bayboater check this thread out, I just checked Garmins website and it will work with your 188, that's a 370.00 'ducer!!

10-17-2006, 07:07 PM
Boaters World has a puc type for under $200.
I simply epoxied the transom ducer that it came with in the bilge and it reads better than if on the transom. It is still fairly accurate for water temp although not in the water.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0